Do you know what your kidneys do?
Your kidneys are always busy cleaning the junk from your system. Now it’s your turn. Think of it as your own personal spring cleaning.
Clean out your literal and figurative closets. Get rid of stressors you don’t need in your life–clutter, old habits or behaviors you’d like to change to improve your wellbeing.
Stress can harm the mind and body, especially the kidneys. Making positive changes can greatly reduce stress, keeping your internal organs functioning properly.
Listen to our 60 second radio spot.
Are you at risk for kidney disease?
The National Kidney Foundation offers free screening for anyone 18 years and older with high blood pressure, diabetes or a family history of kidney disease through its Kidney Early Evaluation Program (KEEP). KEEP provides three simple tests that determine kidney function. Participants receive a comprehensive health risk appraisal, blood pressure measurement, blood and urine testing, and the opportunity to discuss their health and review results with onsite clinicians.
Did you know?
- 26 million Americans have CKD and millions of others are at increased risk.
- One person is diagnosed with kidney failure every five minutes.
- 382,000 people currently depend on dialysis to stay alive.
- More than 547,000 people in the US are receiving treatment for kidney failure.
- 88,000 people are currently on the waiting list for a kidney transplant
- Early detection can help prevent the progression of kidney disease to kidney failure.